In 1994 on St Patrick’s Day, some dedicated leaders formed Boy Scouts of America Troop 111 in Charlottesville, VA and 27 years later, we are still going strong.
Joining is as easy as …
1. Contact Scoutmaster Mr. Jason Adams at email@example.com about visiting a troop meeting on a Tuesday night. You can also contact Mike Kennedy, our membership chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org . You are encouraged to fill out a Troop visit request (this request goes to both of the above contacts) to arrange a visit date. Individual Webelos should contact the Scoutmaster after the visit if they are interested in joining the troop and make sure the troop knows when the crossover ceremony will be held.
2. Complete the forms Boy Scout Registration and Boy Scout Health History Part A and B, after your Troop visit. Turn in the BSA Registration, Health History, and $75 joining fee to the Troop Treasurer during a meeting. Webelos should turn in paperwork and joining fee prior to their Crossover ceremony. The joining fee helps offset the cost of Scout Handbook, Troop Numerals, Neckerchief and slide, Registration and Boy’s Life fees.
3. Start attending Tuesday troop meetings bringing your Scout handbook, wearing your full uniform, and bringing your 50 cents weekly dues. Make sure to ask the Senior Patrol Leader which Patrol you are assigned to so that you can obtain a Patrol patch to complete your uniform.
That’s it. Now enjoy, get involved and make new friends!
Troop 111 Logistics
- Meeting Day: Tuesday
- School Year Meeting Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Summer Meeting Time: 6:30 – 8 pm
- Website: bsa-troop111.org
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Year Meeting Location: Grace Community Church, 5146 Dickerson Road, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Summer Meeting Location: Sutherland Middle School, 2801 Powell Creek Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Subscribe to Troop 111 email list