2016 Boy Scout Requirements
Boy Scout Advancement requirements are reviewed and updated every two years to reflect changes to programs, requirements and policies. Changes come from a team of national-level professionals and volunteers. Many of the new sections are the result of frequently asked questions that the Advancement team is answering through new policies.
There are many changes. Here is a comprehensive list of the Requirement changes for Boy Scouts.
Based on the work of the Strategic Plan Goal 411 Task Force, a new set of Boy Scout requirements will become effective on January 1st, 2016. Here is a transition guide.
- Boys joining on or after Jan. 1, 2016 MUST use the new requirements.
- Boys who have joined prior to Jan. 1, 2016
- Who are working on the Scout badge MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert to the new requirements upon completion of the Scout badge.
- Who are working on Tenderfoot through First Class MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert to the new requirements upon attaining First Class.
- Who have completed First Class MAY complete the rank they are currently working on in the existing requirements, but then MUST convert to the new requirements for subsequent ranks.
For 2017: All Scouts MUST use the new requirements regardless of rank.