Campout Schedule (as of January 25, 2019)
|February 15-17 (changed from Feb 8-10)||ZORT (Camp Shenandoah)|
|March 22-24||(Christmas Creek)|
|May 17-19||Historical Trip (Mount Vernon)|
|June 16-22*||Beach Week (TBD)|
|July 21-27||Summer Camp (Camp Shenandoah)|
|August 16-18||Canoe Trip (TBD)|
|September 13-15||Bike Trip (TBD)|
|October 11-13||Apple Harvest (Palmyra)|
|November 15-17||Backpacker/Base Camp (Mount Pleasant)|
|December 6-8||(Santos Farm)|
|December 21||Day Hike (Skyline Drive)|
|* Beach Week is tentative for 2019|
Court of Honor Schedule (as of January 8, 2019)
|March 17||Spring COH/Troop 111’s 25th Anniversary|
|May 21||Summer COH|
|September 8||Fall COH|
|December 10||Winter COH|
Below are the planned campouts for Troop 111 for 2018. Please see the individual calendar entries (updates in progress) for specific details on each event.
- January 12-14, King Family Vineyards
- February 16-18, Christmas Creek
- March 23-25, Devil’s Marbleyard
- April 13-15, Gettysburg Historic Trail
- May 4-6, Buckingham
- June 17-22, Beach Week at Oregon Inlet
- July 22-28, Summer Camp (Camp Shenandoah Week 5)
- August 17-19, Canoe Trip
- September 7-9, Bike Trip
- October 12-14, Apple Harvest
- November 2-4, Backpacker
- December 7-9, Dover-Foxcroft with Webelos
The Troop 111 Court of Honor schedule for 2018 is:
- Spring: Sunday, March 11th
- Summer: Tuesday, June 5th
- Fall: Sunday, September 23rd
- Winter: Tuesday, December 11th (date corrected on 12/2, sorry for any confusion)
Our Christmas Tree sales shift schedule was published today! Please see the dates and locations below. The SPL and patrol leaders will plan the coverage for the shifts. Please keep in mind that any parents who wish to assist will need to be current with BSA Youth Protection Training, and we will need at least two adults at each shift.
Also, we have two more setup events to cover in addition to the sales shifts:
– Wednesday 11/22, 5-8PM: Setup of the sales lot at Union Bank near the old Gander Mountain.
– Saturday, 11/25, 8-10AM: Tree unloading, 1800 Broadway, Charlottesville
- Friday, 11/24 (5-9PM): Union Bank
- Sunday, 11/26 (9AM-3PM): Barracks Road
- Wednesday, 11/29 (5-9PM): Pantops
- Friday, 12/1 (5-9PM): Union Bank
- Sunday, 12/3 (3-9PM): Barracks Road
- Wednesday, 12/6 (5-9PM): Union Bank
- Thursday, 12/7 (5-9PM): Pantops
- Monday, 12/11 (5-9PM): Barracks Road
Thursday, 12/14 (5-9PM): Pantops.(Lot closed down on 12/9.)
- Friday, 12/15 (5-9PM): Barracks Road
- Sunday, 12/17 (9AM-3PM): Barracks Road
- Friday, 12/22 (5-9PM): Barracks Road
The Troop 111 Court of Honor schedule for 2017 is:
- Spring: Sunday, March 5th
- Summer: Tuesday, June 6th
- Fall: Sunday, September 3rd
- Winter: Tuesday, December 5th
Please see the individual calendar entries for specific information.
Below are the planned campouts for Troop 111 for 2017. Please see the individual calendar entries (updates in progress) for specific details on each event.
- January 13-15, Santos Farm
- February 10-12, Christmas Creek
- March 24-26, Farrell Farm
- April 21-23, Mount Pleasant
- May 19-21, Buckingham
- June 11-17, Beach Week at Assateague Island (backup dates June 18-24)
- July 9-15, Summer Camp
- August 18-20, Canoe Trip
- September 15-17, C&O Canal bike trip
- October (TBD), Apple Harvest
- November 17-19, Humpback Rock backpacker trip
- December 8-10, Devil’s Marble Yard (backup location: Christmas Creek)
Troop 111 will be conducting our annual Christmas Tree Sale fundraiser beginning this weekend. We’ll be at three different sales lots: Barracks Road (corner of Barracks & Emmett St), Better Living (Rt 29, just south of WalMart), and Pantops (in the MedExpress parking lot).
Our schedule is:
11/25/16: Better Living, 5-9PM (Panthers)
11/27/16: Barracks Road, 9AM-3PM (Cobras)
12/03/16: Better Living, 9AM-3PM (Flaming Arrows)
12/04/16: Pantops, 3-9PM (Panthers)
12/07/16: Barracks Road, 5-9PM (Cobras)
12/14/16: Pantops, 5-9PM (Flaming Arrows)
12/17/16: Barracks Road, 9AM-3PM (Panthers)
12/18/16: Better Living, 3-9PM (Cobras)
12/20/16: Barracks Road, 5-9PM (Flaming Arrows)
Please remember to turn in your Popcorn & Peanuts order forms and payment at the Troop meeting on Tuesday, October 25th.
We will be camping at Monticello District’s annual Apple Harvest Camporee on October 7-9, 2016. (Rain date is October 14-16.) This year’s theme is Viking Challenge.
Registration is due at the Troop meeting on Tuesday, September 20th. The total cost is $20. Late registration cost is $22. Permission slips will be available at the meeting.
T-shirts can be ordered for $10.
For additional info and to view the Monticello District flyer for the event, please download the PDF from here: Apple Harvest 2016 Flyer
Troop 111’s September Court of Honor will be held on September 4th, 2016, from 1:00 – 3:00PM at Grace Community Church. We look forward to recognizing a great deal of accomplishment and hard work over the summer! Please bring a pot luck dish to share.