Our Christmas Tree sales shift schedule was published today! Please see the dates and locations below. The SPL and patrol leaders will plan the coverage for the shifts. Please keep in mind that any parents who wish to assist will need to be current with BSA Youth Protection Training, and we will need at least two adults at each shift.
Also, we have two more setup events to cover in addition to the sales shifts:
– Wednesday 11/22, 5-8PM: Setup of the sales lot at Union Bank near the old Gander Mountain.
– Saturday, 11/25, 8-10AM: Tree unloading, 1800 Broadway, Charlottesville
- Friday, 11/24 (5-9PM): Union Bank
- Sunday, 11/26 (9AM-3PM): Barracks Road
- Wednesday, 11/29 (5-9PM): Pantops
- Friday, 12/1 (5-9PM): Union Bank
- Sunday, 12/3 (3-9PM): Barracks Road
- Wednesday, 12/6 (5-9PM): Union Bank
- Thursday, 12/7 (5-9PM): Pantops
- Monday, 12/11 (5-9PM): Barracks Road
Thursday, 12/14 (5-9PM): Pantops.(Lot closed down on 12/9.)
- Friday, 12/15 (5-9PM): Barracks Road
- Sunday, 12/17 (9AM-3PM): Barracks Road
- Friday, 12/22 (5-9PM): Barracks Road
Adam Jones, an Eagle Scout from Troop 111, was invited to meet with Virginia Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine on July 7th, 2016 in Washington, D.C., as part of a group of Virginia Boy Scouts who earned Eagle in 2015, as well as Sea Scouts, Venture Scouts and Girl Scouts. The Senators hosted the Scouts for coffee and donuts and arranged a tour of the U.S. Capitol.
For Scouts who require an updated swim test prior to Beach Week or Summer Camp:
There will be a free BSA Swim Test session hosted by the Monticello District on Friday, June 3rd from 5-7PM at the UVA North Grounds Recreation Center. Please see the calendar entry for details and location.
Troop 111 will host another “Life-to-Eagle” seminar for interested Life and Star Scouts and their parents during the weekly troop meeting on Tuesday November 25 in the church sanctuary. The seminar will cover the steps needed to complete the path from Life to Eagle, with emphasis on the Eagle project, and include this year’s updates to the Eagle requirements. If you are unable to make this seminar, contact Joe Hoeing for an alternate date.
The address is the same, but the troop website has a new look. We have converted to WordPress, which allows the youth Webmaster and Historian to make changes including adding pictures! The official troop calendar is on the website. If you have a suggestion, please contact the Troop Webmaster.
Note: If you want to connect the new calendar to your Google or Outlook account, go to the new calendar page and click the subscribe at the bottom of the page.