In 1994 on St Patrick’s Day, some dedicated leaders formed Boy Scouts of America Troop 111 in Charlottesville, VA. We embrace the idea of fun with a purpose. We are boy-led. Adults monitor and coach the boys, enabling them to lead and follow without constant oversight. This allows each boy to grow in his leadership skills as he participates in the program.
Our vision is to be the area’s premier Boy Scout Troop by:
- Creating and maintaining a strong boy-led Troop culture;
- Developing experienced and capable boy leaders;
- Instilling strong values through outdoor and wilderness activities;
- Creating an environment where boys want to participate as scouts until they are 18 years old;
- Establishing, communicating, and maintaining high advancement;
- Creating a capable, cohesive Assistant Scoutmaster body.
Joining is as easy as …
1. Contact Scoutmaster Mr. Jason Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org about visiting a troop meeting on a Tuesday night. You can also contact Tom McGuiggan, our membership chair, at email@example.com . You are encouraged to fill out a Troop visit request (this request goes to both of the above contacts) to arrange a visit date. Individual Webelos should contact the Scoutmaster after the visit if they are interested in joining the troop and make sure the troop knows when the crossover ceremony will be held.
2. Complete the forms Boy Scout Registration and Boy Scout Health History Part A and B, after your Troop visit. Turn in the BSA Registration, Health History, and $50 joining fee to the Troop Treasurer during a meeting. Webelos should turn in paperwork and joining fee prior to their Crossover ceremony. The joining fee helps offset the cost of Scout Handbook, Troop Numerals, Neckerchief and slide, Registration and Boy’s Life fees.
3. Start attending Tuesday troop meetings bringing your Scout handbook, wearing your full uniform, and bringing your 50 cents weekly dues. Make sure to ask the Senior Patrol Leader which Patrol you are assigned to so that you can obtain a Patrol patch to complete your uniform.
That’s it. Now enjoy, get involved and make new friends!
Troop 111 Logistics
- Website: bsa-troop111.org
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- School Year Meeting Location: Grace Community Church, 5146 Dickerson Road, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Summer Meeting Location: Sutherland Middle School, 2801 Powell Creek Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Subscribe to Troop 111 email list
- Troop Visitation Checklist
- New Parent Guide (Mar 2013)