Troop 111’s September Court of Honor will be held on September 4th, 2016, from 1:00 – 3:00PM at Grace Community Church. We look forward to recognizing a great deal of accomplishment and hard work over the summer! Please bring a pot luck dish to share.
Troop 111 had a successful and fun canoe trip in August. Our original plan was to cover 12 miles of the Potomac River. Thanks to a breezy headwind and a few other factors, we stopped at the Point of Rocks landing after covering 6 miles (although some of us zigzagged enough to paddle closer to 7), which helped make it a great, relaxing trip. The river was beautiful, and the water was perfect for staying cool. Some of the OG’s caught fish, and some of the boys caught a glimpse of a water snake. We stopped on a rock island for lunch, and the Troop cleaned up some trash along the way.
-TG, Troop 111 Webmaster/Historian
Beginning Tuesday, June 7th, Troop 111 meetings will be held on Tuesday evenings at Sutherland Middle School from 6:30 – 8:00PM.
Address:2801 Powell Creek Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- March 5, 2016 – Scouting University – A day-long training experience–with several options to choose from! Leader Specific Training–Idea Sharing–and FUN! Additional Practical & Supplemental Information beyond the Essentials and Specific Training. Course Descriptions to follow.
- April 2-3, 2016 – Wilderness First Aid Training and CPR with AED – Stonewall Jackson Area Council Camp Master Program will be offering ARC Wilderness and Remote First Aid certification this spring. Troops are encouraged to come and camp at Camp Shenandoah while the older youth and leaders interested in the program participate in the course.
QM should say something…
QM should say something here…
- Boys joining on or after Jan. 1, 2016 MUST use the new requirements.
- Boys who have joined prior to Jan. 1, 2016
- Who are working on the Scout badge MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert to the new requirements upon completion of the Scout badge.
- Who are working on Tenderfoot through First Class MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert to the new requirements upon attaining First Class.
- Who have completed First Class MAY complete the rank they are currently working on in the existing requirements, but then MUST convert to the new requirements for subsequent ranks.